Significant New ISAE Association Member Benefit – Power Kiosk Overview
Direct Access To Top Energy Suppliers - Reduce Your Energy Bill - GO TO ISAE POWER KIOSK PORTAL
Many Illinois associations have members who use large amounts of electricity and natural gas in their businesses and industrial facilities. ISAE has partnered with an innovative new energy supply bidding service that can save your members by increasing competitive bids for their business.
Background: Because of deregulation, Illinois investor-owned electric and natural gas utilities like ComEd and Ameren Illinois are now delivery-only companies, providing the electric lines and pipes to distribute energy, while customers have the choice of who supplies the electricity and natural gas. Those with “bundled service” through those utilities are receiving electricity and natural gas purchased independently of those utilities, with the cost simply passed through to the customer as part of the bill.
Large energy users in particular have an opportunity to buy their energy from numerous suppliers in a competitive market. The challenge has been obtaining bids that provide true “apples to apples” comparisons, and contacting each supplier directly or hiring a broker with limited number of suppliers.
Power Kiosk developers created a unique, proprietary platform that provides a robust bidding process and the opportunity for the greatest energy savings possible. ISAE’s partnership with Power Kiosk offers unique benefits to you as the Association member and your member businesses.
Key aspects of this new partnership:
1) Available to association member businesses and industrial customers who are served by ComEd, Ameren Illinois and Mid-American Energy utilities (not available to those served by municipal utilities and electric cooperatives, who are exempt from competition) as well as investor-owned natural gas utilities.
2) Eligible businesses can use the Power Kiosk platform (through E Commerce portal or work with a Power Kiosk representative) to obtain competitive bids for electricity and natural gas
3) Bids are based on actual customer usage (the system interfaces with the utility to obtain detailed usage/billing data) and factors chosen by the customer for consistent, transparent “apples to apples” comparisons that produce true savings pictures
4) Only suppliers licensed by the Illinois Commerce Commission to sell energy in Illinois are part of the system and process; their numbers are numerous and they can all bid through Power Kiosk
5) Energy cost savings to association member businesses and industrial customers are substantial
Benefits to the ISAE Association member who elects to provide this service to their members:
1) Non-dues revenue: the association receives a percentage of the commission on supplier sales
2) Significant benefit to the association’s members, by providing their members substantial energy savings via an easy, turn-key process
3) Association member retention tool, as only those businesses/industrial customers that belong to their association will have access to this tool and association’s custom E-Commerce platform
Learn more at http://powerkiosk.com/ or contact Destiny Nance-Evans for more information.