ISAE Scholarship Information
Click here to download Scholarship Application.
The idea of ISAE offering scholarships to members started several years ago when Stan Zielinski donated $250 from a speaking engagement to ISAE, and then it took off with a vengeance! The ISAE Scholarship Committee, originally co-chaired by Molly Hall and Stan Zielinski, held its first event during the 2009 Annual Convention and Trade Show, and it since has raised thousands of dollars for ISAE scholarships. Many ISAE members have taken advantage of an ISAE scholarship over the past few years, and you could, too!
Guidelines for Awarding Scholarships
· Scholarships are available for ISAE or ASAE sponsored events to any ISAE member in good standing.
· Scholarships are generally available for up to 50% of the event or institute cost. Recipients and/or their organizations are encouraged to contribute what they can toward the program cost.
· The committee is empowered to go above that amount in hardship cases (loss of job, serious illness in family, extenuating circumstances).
· The application should include a short description of the goal for participating in the event, i.e., enhance skills for current position, new skills for an emerging need in the organization, etc.
· The applicant should include a short description of funding constraints (limited professional development funds in organization, cost will be borne by applicant personally, etc.).
· The number of scholarships awarded will depend on available funds.
ISAE Scholarship Committee
John Freitag, Association of IL Electrical Cooperatives
Jennifer Fortney, NAIFA Illinois
Molly Hall, Energy Education Council
Debbie Jemison, IL Bankers Association
Tiffany McCabe, NAIFA IL
Kathy Ridley, IL State Dental Society
If you are interested in serving on the ISAE Scholarship Committee, please contact Debbie Jemison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch for the next scholarship fundraiser – Barrel of Booze being held during the ISAE 2017 Annual Convention & Trade Show and silent auction during the ISAE 2017 Summer Session.